Re: A serious computer problem

Gene

You can see how you find Thunderbird.  I’m not recommending either thunderbird or Windows Live Mail, when comparing the two.  My experience is that Thunderbird opens messages more slowly than Windows Live Mail.  Your experience may differ.  I have seen different people report different speeds of performance on different machines so I’m not saying you will find it slower than you are used to.

Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A serious computer problem

Kay, When I started using Win10, I tried to use outlook express (the original and some clones).  But then, whenever microsoft came along with a windows update, it wiped out my express and all my settings and mail.  I got to start over a few times.  Now I (and many others) are using ThunderBird.  It works pretty good.

Howard

On 9/20/2021 4:05 PM, Gene wrote:
I don’t have a particular opinion about whether you use Outlook Express or not.  But Windows Live Mail still works very well and, depending on your experience with Outlook Express, you may want to try Windows Live Mail.

It needs no modification and may actually be more reliable.  Outlook Express was more prone to e-mail folder corruption.  I’m not saying this is a serious problem.  I don’t know how often it happens.  I’m saying that it is more likely to happen, and that I’ve read this is a disadvantage of Outlook Express.  Also, I don’t know what screen-reader you use but it may support Windows Live Mail better.

If you don’t use identities, the only difference that may matter in general use between the programs is that you can’t use first letter navigation in Windows Live Mail to move from folder to folder.

the newer version of Windows Live Mail has ribbons but you won’t have to use ribbons much, perhaps almost never.

Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 3:54 PM

John,
Yes, I think it does.  I'll refer back to this and check out the things you suggested.  I have outlook on this new machine, but would really rather use Outlook Express.  I know there are two versions currently out there and neither one is the true program but one is still working.  I think I want to try that out.  I also want to put my DecTalk express USB on there as well, because I still prefer Paul to any other voices.  People say I am nuts because Eloquence is great.  Even when I was training, I was so happy to get back to my computer and its voice.

But again, thanks.  I really do appreciate you reaching out and helping.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

"Where focus goes, energy flows."
Bob Proctor