Re: voice recording apps for IPhone

Victor

Hi Ron:

It’s some thing in iOS that allows you to record everything that happens on your screen. It’s not some thing that allows you to record streaming audio or video. It records everything that happens on your screen  regardless of what app you  are using. You can find it in the control center. You’ll have to add it to your control center in settings.

HTH,

Victor

On Sep 26, 2021, at 6:13 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

 Hi Victor,

I have been using iPhones for more than two years now and I don't know where this iPhone stream recording app/icon is located.  I only see the voice memo program under the utilities folder.

On 9/26/2021 2:12 AM, Victor wrote:
I think you can record streaming audio and video from a website using the screen recording feature of the iPhone. However, after you record that stream, you will have to convert it to MP3 or some other audio format. I think this can be done as well. I think you can convert video to audio on the iPhone.

Victor

On Sep 25, 2021, at 9:25 AM, Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:

Hi Ron, I don't think you can record from a streaming service, as in, playing a Spotify track and recording it on your phone. I could be wrong though. I think this may be an inherent limitation of mobile devices and it is hard for apps to get around it. Those kind of tasks are unfortunately best accomplished using loopback recording on a PC in something like Audacity.

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 8:58 AM Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

Do any of these apps for recording on the iPhone allow you to record
from streaming sources and save to file/iCloud, etc.?

--
Signature:
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

--
Signature: