two issues when reading with NVDA

heather albright

Hello, I have started using the IBM manager for my speech synthesizer and I noticed it does not continuously read text. It pauses while reading. I have my punctuation set to none. So I thought it would not pause while reading. Is there another setting I need to look at?

I noticed that when I do insert numb pad 2, it saids no objects inside instead of reading the file. I never noticed this was happening as I use the down arrow and insert. So  can you use the numb pad and insert keys to read text? I am using keyboard layout as desktop. I am currently running NVDA version: Version: 2020.4.

Thank you all.

Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows