Admin: Re: [TechTalk] Tech News, Audible and Play Books Accessibility, Windows 11 Accessibility, and More

Gene

the utilities discussed are not legal.  I haven’t looked at the site except to look at the title bar which is clearly discussing illegal use.  Here is what the title bar says on the page:
eBook DRM Removal, Remove DRM from ePUB PDF AZW etc

Discussing and promoting illegal software isn’t allowed on the list.  This is for legal protection of the list.  Lists can be shut down for such activity.

Gene, Owner

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Tech News, Audible and Play Books Accessibility, Windows 11 Accessibility, and More

To make Audible Books accessible, for $25 you can purchase a utility that converts the AAX Audible files into MP3. 

Go to www.epubor.com to check it out.

They also have another utility that will convert Kindle books into other formats more accessible.  Think it costs around $50.

Both utilities are a bit Funky when it comes to Accessiblity.  It can be done with a screen reader, and nce you know the steps, it is fine.  But, learning those steps took me a while. 

On 9/30/2021 1:01 AM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello everyone,

Nimer and Kirt will be going live Thursday evening at 6:00 PM Pacific U.S., 01:00 UTC to discuss the tech news of the week, Windows 11 accessibility, Audible and Play Books accessibility, and more. We go live weekly on my YouTube channel, so please share and subscribe to stay updated about the latest happenings.

To watch the stream live or any time after, please visit:

To get a list of past videos, or to subscribe, please visit https://www.youtube.com/nimerjaber

If you have questions you'd like answered, you can leave those in the chat, in the comments, or send an email to nimerjaber1@...

Please note that links to any articles we discuss are in the video description.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.