Re: Important information for Google Chrome users

Thomas N. Chan

Well, it's by design of the chrome itself.
everytime you open a page, there's different, addons or extension which is send to another chrome process. It depends how the chrome sees them, not all but it will.
If that extension or addons on the page is malicious  or crashes, it will not bring down the whole browser.

That's also one of the reasons  why you see a lot of chrome.exe on your task processor
and also, it also depends  if you set chrome to run at the background  to speed up loading of pages and opening of chrome itself.

a lot of background processors are just there and the reason why, it makes your computer experience much better.

If your browsing experience is slow after a while, then it's either  you close chrome and let it clear all those files and start all over again. no software is going to run forever on  your ram.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 at 14:37, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@...> wrote:

Gene:

Thanks for sharing this.  I have been using Google chrome for almost 2 years and haven't had any problems.  I use a desktop so not sure if that would do the same thing.

Shelly

On 9/30/2021 12:10 PM, Gene wrote:
I seldom use Google Chrome but at times when I do, my ;processor use goes up dramatically.  I know it does because the fan in my laptop runs far more than usual and it runs faster much of the time.  Checking in Task Manager to verify processor use shows very high usage, over 70 percent.

Here is a very thorough article on the subject.  I am not familiar with the source, but the article looks thorough and reliable.