OT: My Version of the classic song, Home

Jaffar Sidek

Hi all.  One of the consequences of this horrid pandemic is that some of us have been separated from our families because of travel restrictions that have had to be imposed.  As such, we are, in many ways homeless because we are stuck in a non-family environment.  To those of you who suffer from loneliness or homesickness like me, I'd like to dedicate this musical message that I recorded for my wife and kids to you as well.  Stay safe and be strong in the hope that we can go back home soon.  Please read the message below.  I hopeGene won't mind.  Cheers!

Message starts here:
Hi All.  I am a Singaporean married to a Filipina.  My wife and five kids are all in the Philippines, and as you would expect, one of the consequences  of the Pendemic is that we are not allowed to travel, and even if we were, then we have to go through Quarantine in Manila, before we can go to the city or province in which our families live.  So I sang this classic and sent it over Whatsapp to my wife and kids earlier to try to quell the loneliness and homesickness I'm feeling.  It's the classic song Home, not sure who the original singer was, but was revived and made popular by Michael Buble.  I've been away from the wife and kids for almost two years, and it is very unlikely that I can go back this year.

This was a quick recording and mix, so it is far from perfect, but I hope you guys will appreciate it just the same.  For instrumentation, I used a cheap folk guitar with a very good pickup with three band equalizer.  I connected that to a little yamaha amplifier which i in turn connected to my Behringer interface.  For drums, I used a Cajon with a thick wire brush as a stick and a ball of cloth nailed to a stick to replicate the bass drum pedal, since I couldn't find the appropriate drum set I needed to get the feel of the song.  I added highhats and cymbals and toms from EzDrummer and some sound font strings to make it all complete.  It's not perfect, but I hope you guys appreciate it just the same.  The link is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16xomcrhqvdojv9/Home.mp3?dl=0

Cheers!