Re: Help With Windows Mail Please!

Vaddy

May this application be helpful: https://github.com/da2x/EdgeDeflector

EdgeDeflector is a small helper application that intercepts URIs that force-open web links in Microsoft Edge and redirects it to the system’s default web browser. This allows you to use Windows features like the Cortana assistant and built-in help links with the browser of your choice instead of being forced to use Microsoft Edge. With EdgeDeflector, you’re free to use Firefox, Google Chrome, or whatever your favorite web browser might be!

On 10.10.2021 01:05, Janet wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I’m having a very difficult time with this Windows Mail, so I would greatly appreciate some help how to stop Edge Browser from opening when I open a link in an email message.  I have Brave set as my default browser, and I set it like that through Brave’s menu, and through my Windows Ten Laptop, but I don’t remember now how I set it through my Laptop, because I lost some of my tutorials some weeks ago when my Windows Seven stopped working.  Although, my main problem is when I get an email from my local newspaper, and I open the link to go to the web site to read it, this Edge browser pops up, and I can’t fill out any edit fields.  I’ve tried going through the brave settings again to set it again as my default, but all I get then is Edge settings, and I looked through those settings to see if I could find a setting in there to disable Edge, but there is no setting to get rid of him, and this is driving me nuts.  I also get updates from my Aldermen, and when I press enter to open the email, NVDA or JAWS is completely silent, so I can’t read those emails either.  So, can someone please tell me how I can finally stop this Edge from popping up.

Thank you all for any help.

Janet

Sent from Mail for Windows