Re: google standard view, I hate it!

Gene

From the error message displayed earlier, the problem appeared to be temporary.  I don't think people need worry about the simple view being eliminated.  The make default link hasn't worked for awhile but the simple view is still available.  Also, on the standard view web page, it says the simple HTML view is for those with slow connections.  Given all the people who use GMail worldwide and all the different ways they connect, I don't think there is a reason to worry about the service.

Gene

On 10/12/2021 8:42 PM, Allen West wrote:
I don't know when you last tried to press the link for HTML View, but
earlier today, it was not working. It is working now. In fact, I just
logged onto Gmail and it automatically put me in HTML View.
Allen

On 10/9/21, David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Can someone tell me how to do the following:

1. get two of my gmail accounts out of standard view (which google saw fit
to get them into today) without my consent
2. Ensure that this does not happen again.

I was able to hit although it vanishes within five seconds at most the
basic html link but it didn't do any good.
Thanks.
Dave.