Re: Opening An Saved Email On Windows Ten Question Please.

Janet

Gene,

Windows Mail App is set as default.  The extension is .MSG.  I’m trying to open the .MSG email from my external drive.   My browser is Brave. 

Janet

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 4:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Opening An Saved Email On Windows Ten Question Please.

Is the e-mail app or program you are using set as the default?  Check to see.  I don’t know why you are getting the message.  What is the extension of the messages you’re trying to open?

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 3:02 PM

HI Heather,

I had Outlook 2010 on win seven, but win seven won’t boot up any more.  

I’m trying to open the .MSG emails from my external drive.  I don’t have Thunderbird, and I don’t know anything about Codex. 

Janet  

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 2:43 PM

I was able to use the mail app and open my old outlook express from my windows xp pc. Do you have Microsoft office? I was able to use outlook to open them too. It will not let me say, use the e-mail to send a message but, it will open so you cant read the text of the e-mail. All my messages were in html format.? Just thinking, do you think a program like Codex will allow you to get the e-mails from that format? I have not tried this but, if you have thunderbird, will it read those messages?  Take care, Heather

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 2:16 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Opening An Saved Email On Windows Ten Question Please.

Hello Everyone,

I saved several .MSG emails from Windows Seven, and I saved them to my external drive, and I am now trying to open the emails on Windows Ten, and every time I try to open those emails, I get a message asking me to update to Outlook 365, and I can’t get rid of that message, so there for, I can’t read or maybe I should say I can’t open the emails, I am currently using Windows Mail App.  Anyone have any ideas?

I would greatly appreciate any help. 

Janet

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.