Re: sharing a link to a dropbox file

Monte Single

Troy,

There is a little utility that can be installed; it monitors the progress of your dropbox uploads. I forget what it is called.

If Mike B sees this message, he can tell us what it is called.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: October 15, 2021 10:32 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] sharing a link to a dropbox file

Thanks Monty. The file I wanted to share was quite large, and evidently it just hadn't finished uploading when I opened the context menu the first time because I tried again after sending my question to the list and there was a copy link to clipboard option in the context menu then.

Btw I do know about changing the 0 at the end of the link to a 1 before sending the link so the file can be downloaded.

Troy

On 10/15/2021 9:10 AM, Monte Single wrote:
When I want to share a link,
I select the file I want to share,
Open the context menu and press the letter "l".
Then I pastethat link into a email message.
Lastly, I go to the end of the link, backspace once to remove the zero at the end of the file name and press the number 1 key.
With a 1 at the end of the file name, instead of a zero, the recipient just has to click on the link and the file will download automaticly.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: October 15, 2021 7:59 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] sharing a link to a dropbox file

Hi all,

How do I share a link to a file that I put in my dropbox? I highlighted the file and hit the context key but none of the options mentioned anything about copying a link to the clipboard. I'm pretty sure that's how I did it in the past.

Thanks.

Troy

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.