Re: Inaccessible Kindle books

Vicki W

I just purchased a book yesterday and it went straight to my older version of Kindle on my PC. I was able to download it just fine. I have a couple of others, though that wouldn't download, so I'm guessing it's the books, not the program.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Inaccessible Kindle books

Hi,

I hope it isn't bad form to jump into this conversation but I ran into a situation where I bought a children's book via Kindle last week and the version I'm using on my PC which is an older one had the download option for this book anyway greyed out I literally couldn't download it.  I could read it on the iPhone which wasn't my first choice. I just found it strange that I literally couldn't download it as I'd been able to in the past.  Admittedly I don't buy a ton from them so has this changed are we no longer allowed to download to PC thus only able to read while pc is online?

Thanks for any light you could shed on this for me.

Take good care.

Robin

On 10/16/2021 5:08 AM, Fanus wrote:
Hello Bharet
I am starting to think that Amazon does not test the Kindle books before putting them on the site for sale. I had to return a third one this week. I could read the table of contents but from the beginning of the book itself there is only garbish on the pc or iPad screen. Here and there I can make out a word. This is very annoying and it lets me wonder if it is worthwhile to buy Kindle books. I am waiting to see if the 3 refunds come through and I suppose I shall keep on buying and returning if not accessible until Amazon eventually gets fedup with me and ask me about the problem.
Regards
Fanus