Re: Problem With Wireless Card

lynn white

Hi Joyce,

Not sure which it is. It's a new Spectrum modem and it has been connected for over two days until yesterday.

On 10/23/2021 12:40 PM, Joyce Feinberg wrote:
Are you trying to connect to a 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz router? That can also make a difference based upon what your computer network card is able to handle.

On Oct 23, 2021, at 12:56 PM, lynn white <lynnwhite360@...> wrote:

Hey Mike,

Yep. But I will try updating the device driver and see if that works.

The machine was built by a blind dealer who has a good rep. I will contact him if I can't solve this. Thanks for the suggestions.

On 10/23/2021 11:41 AM, Mike B. wrote:

If this is a new computer maybe you should be calling the company you bought it from.  Have you tried updating the driver in the device manager?  Did you put in your network password?

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2021 9:01 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Problem With Wireless Card

I just got a new computer and have set up my wireless card to the internet.

Yesterday, I noticed that I can't connect. When I look at the systray,
it shows my internet service with a 2 out of four bars. But when I to
connect, it says that it can't connect.

It sounds like the wireless adapter has gone out. Is there anything I
can do to restore this card? More disturbing to me is why did this happen?

Anyway, any suggestions are welcomed?