People like us or tradesman  train themselves to do their job right and properly but unfortunately, not all of them are good at what they are doing.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 at 07:13, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

Not as if I have hardware laying around that I can screw up.

Its definitely not cheap to have someone come here and install ram.

Fortuently I wont’ need to do that  any time soon.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 7:05 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Problem With Wireless Card

I still build computers for companies, for sighted people with my bare hands.

 On top of it, I built it with some of my trusty toolkit which is not designed for the blind.

like one of them, the snapon toolkit

It all can be done, it's all about, learning and trusting your own skills/experiences and top of it, learn from mistakes.

I fix laptops, i don't build them but only part of it if i can get spare parts for it, like ram, motherboard, harddrives.

i replace laptops/desktopsCPU fan and so on.

I don't repair the laptop's monitor, it's all about the cost and effort of opening a fine plastic cover despite i have tools for them.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Sun, 24 Oct 2021 at 08:23, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

I don't  even know what the  things look like.
It cost $100 an hour for a guy to come here and change out  SSDS, put an M.2
in etc.
John