From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 8:21 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Problem With Wireless Card

We are getting a bit off track.

That's very  unfortunate for those people who just do lousy jobs.

Then again, as tech people, we do things within SOP, but not all things can be done that way.

For example, SSD are supposed to mount onto a 5.25 bay area with an adaptor which can convert into either two or one 2.5 bay area.

but it can be easily mounted with just one screw or two since the SSD itself does not have moving parts, so no vibration will affect it. if cost is a factor to get the convertor adaptor or just a cheap solution.

i am referring to a desktop since laptop don't use such a 5.25 bay

Even SSD are much thinner, so that's some sort of plastic kit to make it a bit bigger to mount onto a laptop inside.

As for the original post about the wireless card issue, if you can move the wireless router or the desktop or computer nearer to one another, see if the problem persist.

i doubt 2 out of 4 bar of signal will random not connectivity.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 at 08:04, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

And then I was told that the person who build my PC bastardized it.

Sure it works, but the drive was mounted to the building and held on by one screw rather than in the bey where it was suppose to go.

John