Re: Columns and rows in Excel

Quentin Christensen

Hi Marilyn,

If using NVDA, you can stop reporting of cells in NVDA's document formatting settings (NVDA+control+d then tab to the option (or alt+o to toggle cell coordinates directly).  But yes, that will change it for any Excel file you open.  The other option could be to use configuration profiles.  You could set one up how you like for this particular document, then assign it a keystroke in NVDA's Input Gestures (NVDA+n, p, then n) to enable it.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 12:37 PM Marilyn and Don Bilderback <djbilderback@...> wrote:

I have a document in Excel that follows the check book

Register example.  Every column and row has a letter and number that I would like to silence. There is no advantage to me to hear these coordinates.  How do I turn them off in this document only?  Or will the turn off take away them in everything I do in an Excel spread sheet?

Marilyn

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager