Re: Windows 11 Question Please.

Janet

Gene,

and that isn’t even including the taxes. 

I would love not to have the tower.  As far as the miniaturization, I’m fine with that, as all that comes with the computer is the monitor and the keyboard.  Best Buy said if need be, they work on these computers the same way as if the computer had a tower.  Although, the keyboard didn’t have a application key, as it had a FN key on each side of the space bar.   I asked them what happened to the application key, they said they never heard of an application key on any keyboard.  I know there is another way to use the application if the keyboard didn’t have

one, but I don’t remember what that is.  They didn’t have any Windows 11 for $699 , other than some Windows ten with very little ram,  I just can’t see myself paying that much!  LOL!  I do have my keyboard from Windows 7, but I still can’t stand that Laptop, 

Janet

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 3:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows 11 Question Please.

How important is no tower?  I haven’t seen the kind of computer you are discussing, but I’ve seen brief discussions of them off and on.  Based on what you say, you may be paying a lot for miniaturization. 

Also, I hope others discuss repair, if it becomes necessary.  Is it practical to repair such machines? 

I would think that, on sale, you could get a machine for six hundred dollars, perhaps less that would meet your needs.  Do you actually want two computers or do you want a desktop since you no longer have one?  If you get an external keyboard, you can operate your laptop as though it were a desktop. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 3:00 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Windows 11 Question Please.

HI Everyone,

Well, since my Windows 7 stopped working. I am wanting to buy a new desktop computer, as I hate laptops.  I was at Best Buy yesterday, so I thought as long as I am here, I decided to look at the new Windows 11.  I saw one I really liked, but I didn’t like the price in which was 13 hundred dollars!  LOL!  The main thing about this computer I really did like is it had no tower, the hard drive, ram, fan, just everything that is in the tower, is in the monitor,  and the monitor isn’t all that big.  It also didn’t have a cd drive tray, but I’m not for sure I would need that anyway.  So, my question is has anyone seen these new computers like this, and if so, can you please share your thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Janet 

Sent from Mail for Windows

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.