Re: Windows 11 Question Please.

Monte Single

Hi Janet,  you can buy wireless keyboards, mice, speakers, printers and scanner and speakers  which cost little more than the wired ones.

You can likely  get rid of all the computer cables except the power cord.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: November 11, 2021 8:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows 11 Question Please.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for this.  I don’t want an old processor though.  I am seeing just how expensive Windows 11 is.  Maybe because Windows 11 is new.  But, if I could at least get Windows ten, and use that for a couple years, and then download Windows 11 on the Windows ten, but that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen right now, and I want a desktop now, as I just can’t stand this Laptop

Janet  

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 4:51 PM

Well,

So is that the highest you can go in price?

Or are you willing to make a cut somewhere.

The nearest to what you wanted I could find was 16GB of ram , 512GB SSD, but the processor is pretty old by now a 6th generation core I7.

It’d run Windows 10 for 5 years just fine but Windows 11 you’d be out of luck.

Its $649 on Best Buy and the next one up is higher than your price bracit.

HP Refurbished ProDesk 600 G3 Desktop Intel Core i7 16GB Memory 512GB SSD Black 600 G3-SFF - Best Buy

It is for sure not an all-in one but is an SFF.

John

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 5:18 PM

Hi John,

I would like ram I16, One tera SSD.  Built in speakers.  A full size keyboard with a application  key. 

Janet  

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 4:08 PM

I can find you Windows 11 stuff for $699 on  Best Buy Easily.

How mucn a RAM and SSD space do you want?

Thanks,

John

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 4:46 PM

Gene,

and that isn’t even including the taxes. 

I would love not to have the tower.  As far as the miniaturization, I’m fine with that, as all that comes with the computer is the monitor and the keyboard.  Best Buy said if need be, they work on these computers the same way as if the computer had a tower.  Although, the keyboard didn’t have a application key, as it had a FN key on each side of the space bar.   I asked them what happened to the application key, they said they never heard of an application key on any keyboard.  I know there is another way to use the application if the keyboard didn’t have

one, but I don’t remember what that is.  They didn’t have any Windows 11 for $699 , other than some Windows ten with very little ram,  I just can’t see myself paying that much!  LOL!  I do have my keyboard from Windows 7, but I still can’t stand that Laptop, 

Janet

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 3:12 PM

How important is no tower?  I haven’t seen the kind of computer you are discussing, but I’ve seen brief discussions of them off and on.  Based on what you say, you may be paying a lot for miniaturization. 

Also, I hope others discuss repair, if it becomes necessary.  Is it practical to repair such machines? 

I would think that, on sale, you could get a machine for six hundred dollars, perhaps less that would meet your needs.  Do you actually want two computers or do you want a desktop since you no longer have one?  If you get an external keyboard, you can operate your laptop as though it were a desktop. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 3:00 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Windows 11 Question Please.

HI Everyone,

Well, since my Windows 7 stopped working. I am wanting to buy a new desktop computer, as I hate laptops.  I was at Best Buy yesterday, so I thought as long as I am here, I decided to look at the new Windows 11.  I saw one I really liked, but I didn’t like the price in which was 13 hundred dollars!  LOL!  The main thing about this computer I really did like is it had no tower, the hard drive, ram, fan, just everything that is in the tower, is in the monitor,  and the monitor isn’t all that big.  It also didn’t have a cd drive tray, but I’m not for sure I would need that anyway.  So, my question is has anyone seen these new computers like this, and if so, can you please share your thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Janet 

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.