Re: NVDA Help Please.

Jujube

In NVDA, if you're using laptop layout, you can also hold down control NVDA left/right arrow to move by word, but that's using the review cursor, but for most text review situations, the review cursor is not necessary. NVDA+left/right arrows reads by character via review cursor. Hope this helps.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 2:23 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Except that JAWS allows use of the Numpad for this, using numpad insert left and numpad insert right arrow.  That is likely the reason the question was asked.

From: Jujube
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Help Please.

It's control+left/right arrow, just like other screen readers such as JAWS.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 2:04 PM Janet <janet.harvard@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please tell me how to read word by word using NVDA screen reader? I know I can use the right arrow to read character by character, just not reading the words.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Sent from Mail for Windows