Re: matchuing power cords to laptops.

Gene

I looked up the question and I found a lot of sites that just say don’t do it.  Here, however, is a detailed article that says you can use the same charger if it meets the laptops requirements.  That sounds correct to me but in your case, I would absolutely not just plug a charger into a laptop without knowing if it is compatible with the laptop’s requirements.

Others may know if chargers have identifying information so you know which one matches which computer.  I would think they do.  Its probably time for sighted help.

From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2021 8:19 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] matchuing power cords to laptops.

Some how I have managed to separate the power cords from the laptops
that belong to them.

Does anyone know how to tell which belongs to what?

There is a Lenovo, an Asus and maybe another one involved.

If I plug a power cord into the computer it doesn't belong to, will that
mistake fry the computer.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

nancy