From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: November 28, 2021 12:22 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] styles of desktop computers

I mainly wanted to know about the type of desktop I asked about because of space constraints. I have stuff spread all across my desk, and sure things could be moved around to make a little more space but I don't know how much space I could gain by moving things around.

I think the last desktop I had was built for me, and I've been using Dell laptops since then so I looked at Dell desktops on their site recently and most of what I saw was over $1000. Of course that was with me adding the components I thought I wanted, are desktops really that expensive these days? I think the laptop I'm using now cost close to $600 like 3 years ago but I thought desktops might run even a little cheaper than that.

Troy

On 11/28/2021 7:27 AM, Gene wrote:

Perhaps Troy had an all-in-one computer, with the monitor and speakers and the actual computer all in the same case.  But all-in-one units cost more for the same performance, according to what I read.  What I read was a number of years old and I don’t know if that is as true anymore but if you want a small computer, I think that is the thing to concentrate on, not whether different components are combined.

Are the kinds of small computers more expensive for the same performance or doesn’t that matter?

Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2021 7:16 AM

Hi. There are lots of different styles of desk top pcs. They have gotten much smaller. I have a lanovo think center that's no larger than a video tape. It has 16 gig of ram and a 1 TB solid state hard drive.

Chris Judge