Re: NVDA is able to simulate the temporary place markers?

Pablo Morales

Hello Jujube,

Thank you for your quick feedback.

I took a look on this ad before and I found that it is great to create bookmarks on web pages. I might missed understood, but it is what I found. However, I am trying to select portions of a web page. The guys of FS uses a temporary place marker since it is used only to specify a beginning point to select text. Some times we need to select large parts of a web site and navigate holding down the shift key could be hard. The temporary place markers are deleted As soon as you move away from that page

The best,

Pablo

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jujube
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 12:42 AM
To: Tech Talk Group <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA is able to simulate the temporary place markers?

Hello, you need to install an addon in order to get temporary place markers, press nvda shift control k to add a place marker, nvda k to move forward one marker and nvda shift k to move back. Hope this helps. https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/placeMarkers.en.html

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 9:21 PM Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:

Hello all,

My apologies for the NVDA users, I am not familiar with the NVDA terminology.

Is there a way to replicate the functionality of the temporary place marker with NVDA?

For those who are not using jaws, I am trying to select and copy parts of a web page as sighted people does with the mouse. Is NVDA able to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.