Re: FW: Installing windows 11

Pamela Dominguez

I am the exact opposite; I am not tempted to install the latest and greatest just because it is.  I hate getting used to new stuff.  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] FW: Installing windows 11

Hello Pablo,

Funny thing about Upgrades, there is always that temptation to switch to the newest, just because it is the newest.

The problem with New stuff is that often there is a bit of a learning curve to get through, as you navigate around learning how to do the normal stuff you've been doing without thinking about it in the old version.

Then there are those unknown places where the Screen Reader fails to read the screen well, and you stumble around until a fix or a work around comes along.

So why Upgrade?

Well, I normally don't until a bit of time has gone by, so others who fall to the temptation of the New Item install it and find out its strengths and weaknesses.

And lets not forget those pesky Bugs that are always part of a new release of anything  new.

I usually wait until the first Service Pack, or when the edition goes from X.0 to X.1 before I give in to my curiosity and then fork out the money for the upgrade.

But, there are good reasons to upgrade, and some of those reasons are that the newest version will do what you like to do better than the old version.  Perhaps the new edition works better with a Screen Reader.  Or perhaps the newest edition has new features that might make your tasks easier to accomplish.  If there seems to be real improvements, then perhaps it is time to take the plunge and push the Button to start downloading your Upgrade tonight.

Grumpy Dave

On 12/1/2021 6:01 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Guys,

My apologies for the repeated email.

I would like to ask to all of you who are low vision or totally blind like me. What are the real benefits of Windows 11 over Windows 10. I mean, more than waking up faster, good for gaming, and these kind of things that might not be very important for all users.

Thanks guys,

Pablo