Re: Seeking Smoother Braille Book Reading Experience

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

the orbit reader is about as loud as somebody typing on a laptop keyboard. It is definitely quieter than a typewriter, but it is a little louder than something like a chameleon20 or mantis40 display. I use it to read in church with the display one to two feet from the microphone and it doesn't bother anybody. But that is in an open space. If you need something as quiet as possible maybe you want to go for the chameleon20 or mantis40 or a humanware display since the older piezoelectric cells an advantage to those is they are as quiet as you can get. I got the orbit display because at the time it was in my budget. But with this covid virus stuff, the price of the orbit displays went up to $650 now for their basic display.