Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2021 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] USB Type C Port Help Please

Unfortunately, it's not the standard which will auto detect what is connected to the port.
For  example in LG Gram, you need to go into LG control center and toggle charging. when its off, it will do what it will do in reverse.
for asus and surface pro, that does it automatically

I will connect that drive onto a USB C smartphone and see if the problem still persists.
and ask  the manufacturer  if there's a toggle.
Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 11:30, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Perhaps someone else knows.  If you should hear a connection sound regardless of the configuration of the drive, that might answer the question of whether the cable or the USB port is faulty, though not which one is.