Re: windows 7 my theme under personalization won't stay where I had it

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-prevent-themes-to-change-desktop-icons-mouse-pointers-in-windows-7/

How to Prevent Themes from Changing Desktop Icons & Mouse Pointers in Windows 7 and Later?

Windows 7 comes with lots of new themes which can be applied using Desktop Personalize menu. You can also download various themes from Microsoft official
Windows 7 Theme gallery using
this link.

Almost all these themes come with their own Desktop icons set and mouse cursors which are changed automatically once you apply the theme. But sometimes
it becomes a little annoying when a new theme changes your custom icons and cursors automatically without even asking you. So what to do if you want to
use your favorite icons and cursors instead of the bundled stuff with the theme. How to prevent themes to change Desktop icons and mouse cursors automatically?

Actually that's very easy. You can customize whether a theme should change icons and cursors or not. You can follow these simple steps:

1. Go to the desktop and make sure nothing is selected.  Open the context menu with the Applications Key or Shift + F10.   Navigate to, Personalize, and
press enter. You are now in the, Desktop Personalization window.  Now tab to,Change desktop icons link, and press enter.

2. Now tab to the , Allow themes to change desktop icons, checkbox and press the spacebar to uncheck this box if it's checked.  Tab to, Apply, and press
the spacebar, tab to, Okay and press enter.
3. Now tab to the, Change mouse pointers link, and press enter.  Tab to the, Allow themes to change mouse pointers, checkbox and uncheck this box if it's
checked.  Tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, and press enter to save and close.  Alt + F4 to close the Personalization window.

4. That's it. Now no theme will change your favorite icons or cursors automatically.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.