don't know how to find out if my windows 7 PC has a built-in microphone

joanne

I haven't needed to know this info, but I'm now trying to see if I have a microphone built in on my windows 7 PC. When I go into hardware and wound, and then manage audio devices, and then go to recording tab it shows as on option. At first it said microphone not plugged in; but when I checked all the properties page settings and looked at it again, it didn't say not plugged in. I don't see anywhere where I can do a microphone test like I can do a speaker test. Is there another way to see if I have one, or to somehow find a place to test it if I do seem to have one?

Joanne