Re: don't know how to find out if my windows 7 PC has a built-in microphone

Gene

But if you have one, it should be shown in the list of recording sources.  My external sound card has an item that says something like line-in, microphone.

Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2022 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] don't know how to find out if my windows 7 PC has a built-in microphone

yes, select your device, then go to properties, and the second tab in there should be "listen".
check the box that should say, "listen to this device", then hit the "apply" button. you should now hear your mic if you have one, and it is selected. when you have finished, just uncheck the box, then hit the "apply" button again.
hope this helps.

Simon