Re: rearranging folders in Thunderbird

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I am well aware that you can move around with various methods as I have been using desktop email clients for a number of years. There is an add in called manually move folders for TB but I tried it and found that there were unlabeled buttons. Despite the first letter navigation which is useful it would still be more efficient if the accounts could be arranged according to a priority. There are many folders beginning with the same letter.

On 1/14/2022 9:22 AM, Gene wrote:
I am not aware of e-mail programs that let you change the order of folders.  First letter navigation will let you move efficiently from folder to folder. 

You can move from folder to folder even if they are different accounts.  You aren’t restricted when you move to the account you are in.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] rearranging folders in Thunderbird

I have several email accounts set up in TB and want to have certain account folders at the top of the tree view.

On 1/13/2022 7:30 AM, Gene wrote:
I reread your message.  You talk about rearranging folders.  I don’t know what you want to do.  I had originally thought you wanted to rearrange headers such as having the from line spoken before the subject line but you asked about rearranging folders.  So I don’t know if what I said applies to what you want to do.  Please give an example.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] rearranging folders in Thunderbird

As far as I know, the only add-on that does what you want is an NVDA add-on.  There is a Thunderbird add-on that provides first letter navigation in the folders treeview. 

Gene
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 9:18 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] rearranging folders in Thunderbird

Win10 21 h2, Jaws 22 and current TB.

Is the add on for moving folders manually accessible and does it work well?

Thanks, Marie

--
I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.

-- 
I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.
-- 

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.