You may be able to do at least some of what you want if you get sighted help to tell you what the buttons do.  for example, one may be a move up and another may be a move down button.  You may want to find out what they do before using them, or you may want to see what the buttons do by experimenting.  One button may automatically reorganize columns and you may not want that.

I didn't assume what you knew or didn't know about first letter navigation.  I said what I did because a lot of people don't know you can use more than the first letter when moving.  Also, the way the add-on description mentioned using more than one letter may not have been clear.  At times, I give information even if I think the person knows it because others may well be reading the thread and I don't want to assume what they know.

Gene

On 1/15/2022 10:53 AM, Marie wrote:

I am well aware that you can move around with various methods as I have been using desktop email clients for a number of years. There is an add in called manually move folders for TB but I tried it and found that there were unlabeled buttons. Despite the first letter navigation which is useful it would still be more efficient if the accounts could be arranged according to a priority. There are many folders beginning with the same letter.

On 1/14/2022 9:22 AM, Gene wrote:
I am not aware of e-mail programs that let you change the order of folders.  First letter navigation will let you move efficiently from folder to folder.

You can move from folder to folder even if they are different accounts.  You aren’t restricted when you move to the account you are in.

From: Marie
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] rearranging folders in Thunderbird

I have several email accounts set up in TB and want to have certain account folders at the top of the tree view.

On 1/13/2022 7:30 AM, Gene wrote:
I reread your message.  You talk about rearranging folders.  I don’t know what you want to do.  I had originally thought you wanted to rearrange headers such as having the from line spoken before the subject line but you asked about rearranging folders.  So I don’t know if what I said applies to what you want to do.  Please give an example.