Re: NVDA reading in other programs

heather albright

                Ah, yes, I restarted my pc and followed the steps. It worked but for some reason k1000 comes in  as whisper if I do not cut NVDA off. My pc is just corky. I might have to just cut off NVDA so I can here the other program and turn it back on when I am finished. I somehow think it is my speech output causing this to happen  I know this does not happen when I am running jaws and k1000. But I prefer NVDA when reading things before, I used to like jaws! Thank you for the info. Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2022 4:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA reading in other programs

There is no add-on.  Are you sure you used the correct command?  it is NVDA shift s.  Hold NVDA and shift and type s.  You should hear sleep mode on.  If you issue the command again, you should hear sleep mode off.  Make sure you aren't  pressing any other key such as control with the other keys.

Oh, I tried this now and it did not prevent NVDA from speaking when I was using k1000 14.5. Is there an add on I need? I am using a desktop with windows 10. Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows