Re: Odd Issue With Polarization Using Magnetic Tipped Cord With Micro USB end

Laz

Hi Ron,

It would have been more efficient to write me directly instead of throwing this up on several lists for people to guess at. i must admit the guesses were interesting, but unfortunately incorrect. :)

The answer is very simple. There have been several generations of magnetic cables, as well as several manufacturers of magnetic cables. There have been a few different designs on top of that. in your case you got 2 different generations and apparently the polarization was changed from one generation to the other. When we ran out of 1st gen magnetic cables and additional tips, we moved onto the 2nd.

Stay well,

Laz

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 1:58 AM Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I have been using the magnetic type cords with which you  leave the
magnetic plug in the device and just pop the cords magnetic end onto the
plug which remains in the device. This supposedly saves wear and tear on
the device input.

In any case, i disconnected my Victor Reader Stream and moved it and
hooked it up to another magnetic type cord that was hooked up to my
computer to transfer some files. When I tried reconnecting it to the
original cord, the two ends seems to polarize each other. That is to
say, they drive each other away. I can no longer connect the original
cord to the device. This apparently involves the plug itself that goes
into the device. I cannot get any other cord to connect to the device
using the inserted plug. The same polarization issue occurs.

What could have caused this and how may it be solved? Thanks in advance
for any help.

--
Signature:
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Player/book Reader, Victor Reader Stream & Trek, blindshell Classic phone, Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/