Re: Buying A New Computer Question Please.

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Janet there are so many mini and/or tiny computers now and most major brands all have their versions. However, a smaller computer will not necessarily get rid of the need for cables, wire, etc. That depends on what accessories you use. And, if the laptop is sluggish, it could be because the specs are too minimal. They will save you money but they will also be slower in performance.

A good tiny computer with higher specs will cost you almost as much as a full size computer. You need to do your own homework before purchasing, in my opinion.

Marie

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 2:58 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Buying A New Computer Question Please.

Hi Gene,

Thank you for this, as I was just  reading about this.  I’m not sure if I would want this though now.  I’m looking for a small computer instead of having to deal with all the wires, plugs, large towers.  I just can’t stand my laptop.  My laptop is just way to sluggish   I definitely need a computer though.  I definitely need a email program besides this flaky Windows Mail App.  I’m still looking at some of the all in one computers, but those have some cooling issues. 

Janet .

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Buying A New Computer Question Please.

I don't know what versions of the NUC are now being sold.  Here is a review of the NUC 11, which is far beyond what you want both in power and in price.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/24/21234333/intel-nuc-9-extreme-mini-pc-ghost-canyon-gaming-review-price-specs-features

Gene

On 1/27/2022 4:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

I have not used one and I do not know anyone who has.

Still, they have been around for some years.

The n u c stands for next unit computers.

They are small and you can order what you want inside the box.  I have not checked out al the options, but you can likely pay anywhere from 300 to 1000 bucks, depening on your taste and wallet.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: January 27, 2022 3:57 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Buying A New Computer Question Please.

HI Everyone,

I still am wanting to buy a new small computer, so I’ve been doing a little searching on line.  So, I came across a computer in which I’ve never heard of, and I’m wondering if anyone has used or know about the Intel NUC computers, If so, can someone share with me their experience, or if they have ever heard of these computers before?   

Thank you all! 

Janet     

Sent from Mail for Windows

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.