Re: alternative scanning programs

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Gene,

I would also like to have the settings for Open Book. So is it possible to post instructions to the list? If not, would you send direct to me?

Thanks,

Marie

On 2/6/2022 3:43 PM, Gene wrote:

Let me know when you have the program and are ready to try it.  I'll send instructions about how to change the scanning settings that may well increase accuracy.

I may send them before but if not I will when you let me know.

If the accuracy isn't suitable, we can experiment with other settings.

Gene

On 2/6/2022 5:07 PM, Joe Giovanelli wrote:

Gene, I will appreciate your recommended settings.

What I want to do is scan a page and read it to see if there are any errors. If not, I want to scan the book.

Joe

On 2/6/2022 12:20 PM, Gene wrote:

Here is the web page with download information and links:

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/OpenBook

Gene

On 2/6/2022 11:00 AM, Gene wrote:

You can use 300dpi but I don't know if or to what extent that would help.  You can download the program from the FS site.  It runs as a demo.  I believe that it times out after a certain number of days as well as having the forty minute restriction.

As far as Docuscan is concerned, can you change contrast settings?  If so, what settings are you using now?

Gene

On 2/6/2022 10:15 AM, Joe Giovanelli wrote:
Good morning,

I have a book which I need to scan. Docuscan is inadequate for this book, perhaps because of small print.

I once had Abbyy Finereader, but its license expired.

Would a versionof Openbook (befofre it was included in JAWS) have adjustments for smaller print?

Do you have a CD of it which you no longer need?

What other possibilities are there?

I thank you very, very much for your help.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

--
I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.