Re: Does anyone know about this phone?

joanne

I have used Kyocera phones with some guidance from a list member, and another blind friend just purchased a Dura and is using it without much trouble. I too am trying to find you tube videos or demos for these phones.

--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 8:36 PM
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Does anyone know about this phone?

I'm not sure.
I haven't used it myself.
I don't think Judy Jones is on this list but her husband has it and she says everything is accessible as far as its built in screen reader.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 8:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Does anyone know about this phone?

What can you tell me about it? Anything on YouTube with a blind person using it?

On 3/30/2022 8:20 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:
He'd Better off with the Kyocera Dora .
John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 8:05 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Does anyone know about this phone?

Because of the coming end to 3G cell phone service, some blind friends have of course been forced to jump elsewhere, and they haven't all chosen to go Apple or Android smartphone, or even the lesser-cost but no less smart Blind Shell Classic 2, and that one mostly because it's only available on T-Mobile. A friend who's a confirmed Verizon Wireless user was shown a phone called the Orbic Journey V (V for Verizon). He gave me a copy of the manual in PDF format, which has no accessible key labels, only pictures, and very little discussion of its accessibility features, particularly those pertaining to text-to-speech. If this is the best Verizon can do, they're in serious trouble, in my unhumble opinion. Has anyone had any experience with this handset? If so, please get in touch either on- or off-list, whichever is appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.