Perhaps when you get kicked out, the program doesn't keep a proper record of what has been deleted and downloads and displays the messages again.  You recall I said that, when using GMail, messages aren't deleted from the actual Google inbox on the server.  On thinking about what you said, I suspect that it is redownloading them again.

I'd need more information to make a guess about what may be happening but it sounds as though the program may be crashing or freezing.

Gene

On 4/11/2022 9:43 AM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:

Another thing that happens is that sometimes, messages won’t delete from my inbox on the mail ap.  When I get kicked out, and I come back in, messages that I have deleted are back again.  Pam.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2022 11:29 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 mail app issues

Also, if you use the Windows 10 e-mail app with GMail, as you are, it doesn't delete messages properly.  When you press delete, you no longer see the message in your inbox but it remains in the GMail inbox.  No competent e-mail program does this by default and I see no way to change this behavior in The Windows 10 Mail app.  Who knows how many old messages are collecting in your inbox.

I don't know what the Windows 1`0 e-mail app does with other e-mail providers.
Gene

On 4/10/2022 10:24 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

To save you the trouble of trying these different settings, I just did.  Whether the check box is checked or not makes no difference in whether the text of an e-mail message is downloaded and displayed when a message is opened.

Gene

On 4/10/2022 10:15 AM, Gene wrote:

Also, because I don't see how this setting applies to your problem, have you rebooted since the problem started?  Whenever, odd problems begin, reboot.

there should be no setting that causes the program not to download and display the text of e-mails.  The only settings I've ever seen stop images from being downloaded, never the text of e-mails.

Gene

On 4/10/2022 10:11 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

The only thing I can see that might have any relevance to your problem can be gotten to as follows:
In the app, tab around to the all accounts button and press the space bar.  Move up and down in the list of accounts if you have more than one until you are on the account you want to work with.
Open the context menu.
Down arrow to account settings and press enter.
Tab to a check box that says, Always download full message and Internet images.
If it is unchecked, check it with the space bar.  If it is checked, uncheck it with the space bar.
Tab to the done button and press the space bar.  See if the change does anything.

Gene

On 4/10/2022 9:46 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

I see in your second message that the program is downloading picgtures.  I don't know what it is doing because a lot of e-mails don't have pictures.  I have never heard of an e-mail program only downloading images and not the text of e-mails nor do I recall any setting of the sort in the program.  I'll look at the program but, as I said, I strongly recommend a fully capable e-mail program such as Thunderbird portable.

Gene

On 4/10/2022 8:45 AM, heather albright wrote:

Hello, suddenly my mail app wants to download e-mail in pictures instead of text. How do I get it to download my e-mail messages as text. Now the screen readers will not read the messages. Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

.