Re: chrome change

Gene

What I mean is that when I start moving, I then do what I would do if I heard the page start to read automatically.  Its another way to know.

Gene

On 4/12/2022 8:20 PM, Marda wrote:

Does firefox have that problem as well?  It's not chrome based.  Maybe if automatic reading of a page is important do it with firefox?

Marda

On 4/9/2022 5:38 AM, Gene wrote:
The Brave browser is Chrome based and has the same problem.  This appears to be a general problem in Chrome.  NVDA will adapt to it.  I don't know when a modified update will be released.

Brave sto;ps commercials and does a lot to prevent tracking.  You may want to use it for that reason.  It tries to have its own advertising and share revenuhyue with sweb sites but I don't know if it does this by default.  The ads it shows are not intrusive.

Gene
Gene

On 4/9/2022 5:07 AM, Monte Single wrote:

Hi Gene,

Well, maybe this is a sign that I should be “BRAVE”!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: April 9, 2022 4:01 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] chrome change

This has been discussed on the NVDA users list.  It has been stated by one of  the developers that Chrome-based browsers have changed the way in which they tell browsers that a page has finished loading.  NVDA will accommodate the change but for now, it won't automatically read once a page has loaded because it isn't aware of it because of the Chrome change.

Gene

On 4/9/2022 4:42 AM, Monte Single wrote:

Hi List,

In the last day or so I have noticed a difference in my chrome browser.

I am using current versions of win10, nvda and chrome.

Nvda would read the whole web page when I opened a webpage using chrome.

Now, when I open a new page while in the chrome browser,  nvda says nothing.  I have to use the read command or navigation keys for nvda to read  anythingon the currently displayed web page.

Suggestions?

Mont

P s;  I may have seen some messages on this subject,  but,  I didn’t think it affected me.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.