Re: jaws scan cursor

Gene

You are evidently thinking of the Touch Cursor.  It may be possible to create a frame that would automatically turn it on when a specific program runs.  I haven't worked with frames for a long time, since before the touch cursor and I don't know if you can have a frame do that.  There may be another way to do what you want, but I don't know it.  But it is so simple to turn the touch cursor on that I don't see any meaningful advantage to setting up a frame.  Its only one command, shift numpad numpad minus, the same key that turns on the JAWS cursor to turn the touch cursor on.

Scan is a setting in Narrator, the equivalent of the Virtual PC cursor or browse mode, all names for the same thing used by different screen-readers.

Gene

On 4/21/2022 12:06 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

hi,

Is there a way I can tell jaws that when a certain application is loaded, use the jaws scan cursor instead of the normal jaws cursor? I searched in hjglobals.jsh and hjconst.jsh and can't find anything relating to the jaws scan cursor nor can I find anything in the insert function dialog in the script manager.

Josh

Sent from outlook

Sent from outlook