Re: jaws scan cursor

Gene

For those who are curious, I found this article discussing the JAWS scan cursor.
https://blog.freedomscientific.com/learn-more-do-more-new-features-in-jaws-the-jaws-scan-cursor/
After reading it, I'm not sure if the scan cursor more or less duplicates the Touch cursor in many cases.  I don't use universal apps to any extent and I haven't used the Touch cursor or the scan cursor enough to compare them.  My guess is that you can use the Touch cursor to do the same things and probably more things but that the scan cursor does many things you might want to do in an already familiar interface.

Gene

On 4/21/2022 4:03 PM, Gene wrote:
Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember hearing that announced when I was using JAWS with an app.  I seldom use JAWS and I didn't realize what it was.  I think I thought it had something to do with something the touch cursor does but evidently not.

Gene

On 4/21/2022 3:33 PM, Marten Post Uiterweer wrote:
Hi Gene,

Corect, but the Jaws scanCursor is something else. It is the JawsCursor
[mouse\ but for modern apps.
Also activated with the num-minus.

Regards, marten

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 15:08:23 -0500 "Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:

But there are times when you might want to use the touch cursor in applications where you can use the pc cursor.  Just as at times, you might want to use the JAWS cursor in various applications.  Because of technical changes in Windows 10 and 11, the JAWS cursor can't be used in many contexts where it could before and you can use the Touch Cursor to look at parts of the screen you can't get to with the PC cursor.

Gene
On 4/21/2022 3:02 PM, Marten Post Uiterweer wrote:
Hi Josh,

I don't believe that is possible.
Jaws will activate the Jaws scanCursor when it is a modern application
and the information cannot be red by the normal JawsCursor.

Kind regards, Marten

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:06:56 -0400 "Josh Kennedy" <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

hi,

Is there a way I can tell jaws that when a certain application is loaded,
use the jaws scan cursor instead of the normal jaws cursor? I searched in
hjglobals.jsh and hjconst.jsh and can't find anything relating to the jaws
scan cursor nor can I find anything in the insert function dialog in the
script manager.

Josh

Sent from outlook

Sent from outlook