sending an attachment in thunderbird

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I'm trying to attach a file to a message to send to a friend, and I know where the file is but when I start a message in thunderbird and hit shift-ctrl-a to search for the attachment I can get to the folder where the file is but the file isn't shown so I can attach it. What might I be doing wrong, and is there an easier way? Btw I checked the file types and there's only one option, all files.

Btw it's an mp3 file and is in my downloads folder if that makes a difference, and I'm running windows 10 here.

Troy