Re: sending an attachment in thunderbird

Marda

Hi.  I have some files I'd like to attach in an email. They are in my downloads folder.  Some are dox files and some are pdf files.  How do I move them from the downloads file to make them into an email attachment?  How big an attachment can I send with thunderbird in an email?  Thanks.

Marda

On 4/27/2022 9:23 AM, Joe Giovanelli wrote:
Hi,

After completing your message, press Ctrl-Shift-A.

You will be asked for the file name. You will enter its full path. That's all there is to it.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

On 4/27/2022 10:00 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to attach a file to a message to send to a friend, and I know where the file is but when I start a message in thunderbird and hit shift-ctrl-a to search for the attachment I can get to the folder where the file is but the file isn't shown so I can attach it. What might I be doing wrong, and is there an easier way? Btw I checked the file types and there's only one option, all files.

Btw it's an mp3 file and is in my downloads folder if that makes a difference, and I'm running windows 10 here.

Troy