Re: talking microwave

Marda

Holly I have one of those too.  It's a Hamilton Beach and I got it at Walmart for $70.  I have heard that there were a lot of problems with them where they would just stop working in the middle of cooking but I never had a problem with mine.  I've seen the Magic Chef for closer to $200 but only on sale, it is usually closer to $300.  Before I had a talking one I had a sighted friend who was able to help me put tactual labels on a touchscreen of a microwave and I hav also used the microwaves that you can still buy that have dials and just set them according to the clockface positions and there is a panasonic microwave that has buttons which some people like but it is over $200 I think.

Marda

On 5/12/2022 9:51 PM, Holly wrote:
Jerry:

I got mine at Wal-Mart years ago for $100, but they stopped making that one, and now the only one you can find is almost $400, I think.

They do make an Alexa enabled on which is voice controlled if you have an Amazon echo.

I think it is around $200, but may be less now.  Don’t quote me on the prices.

My little talking microwave for less than $100 is still going strong.