Re: Need good caller ID

Marda

I have a panasonic cordless phone with talking caller ID and I hate it because the voice is distored and sometimes names and numbers are hard to understand.  I used to have a wonderful talking caller ID device made by classco where I plugged it in and iiiiiiiiiiiiiit was a sort of box thing with buttons that connected to my phone system and it had arrow keys where you could rewind or fast forward through the numbers that had called while you were out and get information like time and date and all that and the voice was very clear.  It also announced call waiting id numbers too.  I wish they still made them.  I have seen people selling them but they want a lot of money for them since they are evidently no longer made.  When that unit stopped working I used the panasonic that my husband hhad in the house and I am still using that but I find the voice quality very unsatisfactory.

Marda

On 5/15/2022 4:33 PM, Gene wrote:
However, a friend of mine got a Panasonic base with portable units and talking caller ID and her phone and perhaps the model, has a problem when using speaker phone.  It picks up and replays the voice of the person on the other end, causing an echo.  I want to emphasize that I don't know if the problem is just with her phone or with the model but it may be important to make a point of reading reviews in case this is mentioned elsewhere.

What features do yew want the phone or answering machine to have?

Gene

On 5/15/2022 4:12 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hi Nancy,
Panasonic phones have talking caller ID and as long as the caller is not a solicitor it will announce their name or it will say call from spam likely.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On May 15, 2022, at 12:54 PM, Nancy Shackelford <n.k.nancelady@...> wrote:

My caller ID just went out. It was the model just before the CW99 Classcow model. I need one that does what those did. I'll either take a caller ID or a phone that has one with same features, or close as possible. All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Nance