Re: Closing Programs

Gene

I don't know what the key on the right does.  I've heard of keys on the right such as you are discussing before that seem to do nothing on some keyboards.

Gene

On 5/19/2022 12:22 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Thank you Gene; but, to my knowledge, there is no FN key on this keyboard.  Unless:  the windows logo/start key on the right side; apparently does nothing.  Maybe that's an FN key.  But I don't think an FN key says anything by itself.  Incidentally, this is a desktop machine with NVDA keyboard set to laptop.

Howard

On 5/19/2022 11:59 AM, Gene wrote:
Evidently, when you reset the computer, you set the fn key to the default so it is now on.  You may be able to turn it off with a software command which others may know.  If you hold the fn  key and then issue the time command, do you hear it?  How about holding it and closing a program?

Gene

On 5/19/2022 11:37 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
My downstairs computer is an Asus M32CB desktop running Windows 10 and NVDA 2.1.3.3.  After doing a windows reset, one of the problems is, it does not close programs with alt F4.  It seems to just minimize them.  I found this by using alt tab to rotate through running programs; and whatever I was using is still running.  Only way I can actually close a program is to use the system menu (alt spacebar) then choose close.  Anyone know how to get it back to where alt F4 closes stuff?

Also, NVDA key plus F12 is now silent.  I used to like that command to get the time quickly.

Thanks anybody for your suggestions.

Howard