Re: Closing Programs

Howard Traxler

Found something:  This is an Asus computer and Asus has a utility that starts up at boot.  It changes the function keys into other controls.  For example f12 is next track, f11 play/pause, f10 is previous track. 1, 2, 3, and 4 do other thing, too.  I just don't know how to change them back.  I've tried to remove the Asus utility but I don't know if I was successful.  When I reboot, I'll find out.  But, I'm afraid to reboot; it's a real problem getting this thing to talk again.

Oh well, cross my fingers.

Howard

On 5/19/2022 11:37 AM, Howard Traxler via groups.io wrote:
My downstairs computer is an Asus M32CB desktop running Windows 10 and NVDA 2.1.3.3.  After doing a windows reset, one of the problems is, it does not close programs with alt F4.  It seems to just minimize them.  I found this by using alt tab to rotate through running programs; and whatever I was using is still running.  Only way I can actually close a program is to use the system menu (alt spacebar) then choose close.  Anyone know how to get it back to where alt F4 closes stuff?

Also, NVDA key plus F12 is now silent.  I used to like that command to get the time quickly.

Thanks anybody for your suggestions.

Howard