Re: Google has disabled one of my email accounts

Loy

That is why you need to set uptown way verification and then create a app password to use in your email client.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Google has disabled one of my email accounts

When I went into my Gmail account on the web site, it said that less secure app access is as a choice no more. It doesn't exist.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2022 3:43 PM

I already have less secure turned on. So that’s not the issue either. I still don’t know what to change in order to get into it. Used to be, they send you a link that you can click on to make sure that less secure was turned on. I have not gotten anything from them to indicate anything that can be changed or should be changed. 

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

On Jun 2, 2022, at 3:38 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:

My main Email is a Roadrunner address, but from time to time I experience messages bouncing, and have been advised that the problem is often with Roadrunner, and was advised to use a Gmail account.
But most of the time my Roadrunner account works just fine.

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carolyn Arnold" <4carolyna@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2022 12:58 PM

I have a friend with XP, Outlook Express,and JAWS 4.5, but she has a Road Runner address. The thing works like a charm. She never has problems. She is the most least tech savvy person I know, just barely manages what she has, does not want to learn more.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kay Malmquist
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 1:29 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

I am using Outlook express and I can’t access my Gmail account from there. I don’t know if I can sign in online or not. I will give that a shot and see, but even if I can, that’s not going to help my problem on my XP machine. I realize it’s old, but until I really figure out what’s going on with the laptop that I have and a couple of other side machines, it’s what I’m using.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

On Jun 2, 2022, at 12:22 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Do you mean you can't sign in online?

Gene

On 6/2/2022 11:27 AM, Kay Malmquist wrote:

I’m having a problem with both of my Gmail accounts and it is only on a XP machine. They must’ve change something because I cannot get into that account even though I know everything is correct and I have not changed anything either. I hope somebody can tell me what I need to do to fix it. I can access the same account on my iPhone.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@... <mailto:kay.malmquist@...>

On Jun 2, 2022, at 10:43 AM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> <mailto:loyrg2845@...>  wrote:

I have two gmail accounts that I have been accessing with a less secure app on one of my computers. Earlier I created an app password for one account but not for the other one. Now I can't access  that one with the less secure app. But I can on the  other computer that has Outlook. I tried to go into setting security for that account to create n app password but it seems that is no longer available. Is anyone  else experiencing this?

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.