Re: How to export messages

Gene

As I recall, you can export your account settings in that way using some programs.  I don't know what programs allow you to import account settings using that format.

Gene

On 6/8/2022 10:50 PM, Kay Malmquist wrote:

I went in to accounts and saved a file as an IAF which stands for Internet account file.  We'll see if it works on the other end.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.
Corrie Ten Boom - 1892-1983 - Watchmaker

----- Original Message -----
From: -
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2022 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to export messages

From: Gene
To export the Outlook Express address book as a comma separated values
text file do the following:
Each step starts on a new line.
Open the address book with the command control shift b.
Open the file menu and down arrow to export.
Press enter.
You are in a list of format choices.
Down arrow to other address book and press enter.
A dialog will open and you are placed in a list.
Down arrow to text file comma separated values.
Press enter.
A new dialog opens and you are in an edit field. The edit field is
announced as save exported file as.  To keep things simple, type the
following:
c:\addressbook.csv
and press enter.
Look at the syntax character by character if you have punctuation off in
your screen-reader.
Another dialog comes up with a lot of choices for fields that will be
included or not included.  You may have to make changes but you probably
won't.  You may look at this part of the dialog if you wish.  Or you can
just press enter again to export the addressbook.

After you press enter, there will be a short pause, after which you will
receive a message that the export is complete.  You are on an ok button.
Activate it, then press escape a few times to close the dialogs.  The
addressbook is still opened and you will probably want to close it.

If you have questions about the part of the procedure where you can make
changes in the dialog to cause items to be exported or not exported, let
us know.
The file will now be on your c drive, directly on the drive, not in any
folder.  Move it wherever you wish.