Re: still have brave issues

heather albright

I am hoping the new installation fixes the issues, so far it is much better. I can only say the brave talk kep popping up and my sighted person who lives with me,  said every time I tried to go to a site a blue colored screen popped up and it did not even show me an URL and the shield came up and I could not go any where to make any selections. So far this installation has not had this issue. I was able to make the selections like before. Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 4:57 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] still have brave issues

Screen shots are visual.  You can try copying and pasting what is on gthe screen if browse mode is on or if not, you can use an add-on or use object navigation.  And I'm not sure if I would see what you see in a useful way if you did that.  I don't think I would know what radio buttons or check boxes are checked.  I would see them but I wouldn't know what is set how.

I don't know of any setting that will block all sites.  You can change the settings for how much protection you get from shields but as far as I know, no shield setting should block all sites.  What message do you get when you try to open a site?

Also, Firefox is good at protecting you, I don't think it is as good as Brave, but my impression is that it's pretty good.  Unless or until you get things straightened out with Brave, Firefox would be good to use.

I am using NVDA, how do I take a screen shot so you can see what I see? Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows