Re: Narrator giving me more info than NVDA

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

That NVDA command insert + B (NVDA KEY + B) also has the effect of reading the hidden items at times when the virtual cursor/edit cursor renders blank.  By this I mean that if you get little or no feedback when trying to read a relatively inaccessible screen such as in a dialogue box in an off the shelf piece of software or sometimes some sort of pop up on a web page, and when you switch to the object or screen review and nothing is rendered, then press insert + B and listen to the results. It may take a bit of time because NVDA will read everything on the screen including the names of tool bars, menu items system items such as move/size/minimize/maximize and so on, but also many times it will read what sighted people see on the screen that is not apparent using other NVDA methods.

Also try the insert + R recognition feature with Windows OCR and NVDA.  This also works on some somewhat inaccessible screens.

On 6/19/2022 11:56 PM, Gene wrote:
What I'm saying is that it is important to know the command I gave, regardless of whatever issues you may have.

Gene

On 6/19/2022 10:25 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:

Yes, but I still have issues with NVDA that I need to resume with tech support.

thanks,

On 6/19/2022 8:35 PM, Gene wrote:
With NVDA, if you want to try to get more information in a dialog, use the command NVDA key b.  You may want to try it as an experiment when copying files to this card.  If you use NVDA b, you may hear much more information in a dialog.

Gene

On 6/19/2022 9:05 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
I tried pasting using Windows Narrator.  Apparently, this gave me more explanation as to why I can't paste all those files.  Not enough space!

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;