Re: fixing a broken key on my laptop keyboard

Madison Martin <Madison.Martin2000@...>

No, but if the rest of it was squished down then it likely would

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: June 26, 2022 12:51 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] fixing a broken key on my laptop keyboard

If you place the key where it should be and push, does the key move and work as it should?

Gene

On 6/26/2022 12:44 PM, Madison Martin wrote:

Hi all,

A piece of my escape key just broke; it’s a perfect square and the part that’s left is all squished down, there wasn’t a crack in it or anything and my laptop is just over two years old. So I’m wondering, is there anyway that I can fix this key or do I have to take it into the store where we bought my laptop and get them to replace it (if that’s even possible; I have no clue if this model is still made)? If I can fix it then please tell me how to do it. Really hope there’s something that I can do as like I said I’m not even sure if this model is still being made.

Madison