Re: Outbox.

Carolyn Arnold

Microsoft Disability said my problems were too complicated for them to fix, but that if when my computer guy comes, if he needs it, they'll be happy to work with him. We could not even get Quick Access in, so that he could tandem my computer. No wonder I haven't gotten anywhere with it, and with all the help here too.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 6:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Outbox.

You might as well try my solution of opening a message in the outbox, shift tabbing to the from line, and up and down arrowing to see if you can change the account it is sent from. While this doesn't work in Thunderbird, it does in Windows Live Mail, I just checked.

Since Windows Live Mail is a Microsoft [product and Thunderbird isn't, this may well work in Outlook, even though it doesn't in Thunderbird.

Gene

On 6/21/2022 4:52 PM, Gene wrote:

I just tried this in Thunderbird. My second solution, the one I discuss in the below quoted message, may not work. When a message is in the inbox, ready to be sent, it can't be worked on further. I can open it and read it but I can't make any changes.

However, there is a way that may work in your case that is easier than the copy and paste solution. In Thunderbird, I can forward messages that are in the outbox. You can try that.

Gene

On 6/21/2022 4:39 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

there may be another solution I just thought of but I'm not sure how you do this in Outlook. Others will, I hope discuss it.

Open an unsent message and change the account it is sent from. In e-mail programs I've used, this is done by shift tabbing until you get to the from line. From there, you up or down arrow, whichever works, to change the account the message is to be sent from.

I am assuming that the messages in the outbox can be opened and worked with as though they were drafts and the way to change things in messages are the same as though you were working with an opened message you had begun or replied to in the usual way.

Gene

On 6/21/2022 4:35 PM, Gene wrote:

You can't send them anyway as they are. You can do the following:
/copy the message body of a message in the outbox to the clipboard. Then, using your other account, create a message to whomever it is intended, paste the message body in, and send it from the other account.

If there are problems doing that, let us know and people will likely discuss how to get around them.

Gene

On 6/21/2022 4:20 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:

I have your instructions saved, but right now, no one who knows what to do.

If I deleted the emails, I'd lose them.

I have tried moving them from Outboox to another mailbox, then going in and sending again; that does not usually work.